Natural Oils for Your Hair, Skin and Nails
There is a natural beauty revolution currently taking place and at the center of it are our grandma’s centuries old beauty secrets. We are turning to our kitchen cupboards for remedies, the most common of which are plant based oils. Plant oils are some of nature’s natural remedy used by our foreparents to alleviate many conditions affecting the Skin, Hair and Nails. For centuries natural oils have been used to soothe, smooth and enhance skin complexions as well as treat many ailments affecting the skin, hair and nails.
Straight from their bottles or jars, these natural oils are excellent, inexpensive and chemical-free moisturizers that can be used alone or in combination. Natural oils can treat all types of skin, scalp, hair and nail issues. They can be used to relieve dry, damaged skin and restore frizzy, limp and split-end-riddled hair. They come to the immediate aid of cracked lips and brittle nails. Natural oils tone, tighten, rejuvenate and preserve healthy skin, scalps and hair. Here are 5 natural plant oils to consider adding to your beauty regime.
1. Coconut Oil Coconut oil for moisturizing and conditioning your skin, nails and hair is often referred to as “the healthiest oil on earth.” It contains proteins and fatty acids (such as capric and lauric acids) that fight wrinkles, tone and tighten skin and nourish hair and nails. As nature’s richest source of MCFAs (medium-chain fatty acids) coconut oil is easily absorbed by the body, strengthening your skin’s connective tissues, also promoting a healthy scalp, and reinforcing lackluster hair strands. It is perfect for chemically treated hair and for sun damaged hair and skin.
2. Castor Oil Castor Oil for stronger, thicker hair. Castor oil contains minerals, proteins, and vitamin E which are essential for healthy hair growth. It also contains compounds that have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungicidal properties. Castor oil has a strengthening effect on hair follicles and can stimulate hair growth; it helps to increase circulation which stimulates blood flow to hair follicles. This makes it very powerful in treating hair loss in cases such as alopecia.
3. Argan Oil Argan Oil excellent for moisturizing hair and skin thanks to its high fatty acid concentration. Argan oil can regulate skin’s sebum production to keep oily complexions in check, and is therefore perfect as a face moisturizer. Constituents in Argan oil include squalene, a compound that promotes production of collagen (a protein that keeps skin taut and youthful); linoleic acid, an anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acid; and triterpenoids, anti-inflammatory compounds that may help heal and protect from environmental damage such as UV rays.
4. Sweet Almond Oil Sweet Almond Oil one of the best oils for hair and skin care. Sweet almond oil is light in texture and can easily penetrate deep into the skin making it an excellent moisturizing oil for dry skin; it has lots of nutrients and beneficial properties which makes it a great addition to your beauty regime. Sweet almond oil is useful on the face and body, and helps to get rid of dark circles in just a few weeks. It can even be used to prevent and treat acne and blackheads as it is rich in Vitamin A and can penetrate the pores to dislodge dirt and debris that accumulate in the skin pores.
5. Apricot Oil Apricot Oil is suited for both skin and scalp care. The hydrating properties of apricot kernel oil make it a natural moisturizer. It is good for all skin types, including oily and acne-prone skin. Apricot oil has oil content similar to that of your skin. When the skin becomes dry and irritated topical application of apricot oil helps soothe and heal rough, damaged skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of apricot oil may also help to treat acne and skin redness. The oil’s fine texture allows more rapid skin penetration, which promotes more prompt healing and nourishment of sore or chapped skin without residue. When used for hair and scalp care, apricot oil shows exceptional results. This makes it a very common ingredient in many top selling hair care products. It promotes sebum production in the scalp, keeping it conditioned and moisturized. Regular application of apricot oil can help to make the hair shiny and soft and more manageable. It also stimulates the follicles, stimulating hair growth. Apricot kernel oil is very beneficial for treating scalp conditions like an itchy scalp, dandruff, eczema and psoriasis. Because of its light texture and deep penetrating ability, Apricot oil can be used daily without causing any greasy build up that is so common with other heavier oils. Massage your scalp daily with apricot oil to keep the hair roots nourished and conditioned.
Find these and other amazing all natural oils in Kihara Cosmetics beauty products and enhance your beauty Naturally!
Next Week’s Blog: Essential Oils for Hair, Skin and Nail care
2 thoughts on “Natural Oils for Your Hair, Skin and Nails”
Nice article. Clarity at its best!!